Postsecondary Data Partnership
The Postsecondary Data Partnership is a nationwide initiative to help colleges and universities more efficiently gain a fuller picture of student progress and outcomes, meet various reporting requirements, and focus more of their resources on using data to help students.
The National Student Clearinghouse® is uniquely positioned to support the Postsecondary Data Partnership given that more than 3,600 colleges and universities — enrolling over 98 percent of postsecondary students nationwide — already use us for student enrollment and degree completion reporting.
Initial users are comprised of the Frontier Set, a select group of colleges and universities, state systems, and supporting organizations committed to significantly increasing student access and success, and eliminating racial/ethnic and socioeconomic disparities in college attainment. The work of the Frontier Set is supported through grants from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
A pilot was launched in early 2017 with nine Frontier Set sites aimed at testing the initial concept and collaborating with each pilot member on the creation of the initial set of insights. The Postsecondary Data Partnership pilot has been successful, with data collection nearing completion and the first suite of key performance indicator reports will be distributed in late August 2018. The next data intake window for submission of Spring/Summer 2018 data will be from September 24 through November 9, 2018.
As a result, The Clearinghouse is ready to bring on board the remaining Frontier Institutions to the Clearinghouse. We welcome you on board!
We anticipate opening this program to institutions, systems, and Initiatives outside the Frontier Set in late 2018.
- Meet reporting requirements from other voluntary initiatives using a consistent set of key metrics
- Focus more of resources on using — rather than preparing — data to enable process and program improvements that facilitate better outcomes for students. This is especially true for those students who have faced hurdles getting into and through college: low-income and first-generation students, students of color, and adult learners.
- Industry-standard data validation best practices and customer support
- De-identified student-level data files to intermediaries (AIR) working directly with each institution
- Summary reports for each participating institution on topics such as access, progression, and completion
- Customer support throughout process
How to Get Started
- Submit your executed agreements and amendments, which were sent to all Frontier Set schools, to the Clearinghouse
- Submit your onboarding questionnaire, after you receive it from the Clearinghouse
- Attend live webinars and/or review recordings
- Program efficiently: Review the step-by-step instructions on file submission and validation
- Submit your files
- Review the status of your files
Upon receipt of your contract, you will receive from us:
- New set of credentials to submit files for the Postsecondary Data Partnership
- Onboarding questionnaire
- Your Postsecondary Data Partnership service ID, which you will need to include in your submission files so we can identify you successfully
- Application credentials to review file submission
Please email us at PDPService@studentclearinghouse.org with any questions.