We wanted to provide an update to our January 9th message about recent NSLDS error codes on the response the Clearinghouse received from our contacts at Federal Student Aid (FSA) and NSLDS regarding the origination and resolution of these errors.
Where the Errors are Originating
- FSA and NSLDS have confirmed that the sudden appearance and increase in NSLDS SSCR roster errors is a result of incomplete data from the Common Origination and Disbursement (COD) system that is populating the NSLDS rosters.
- FSA and NSLDS advised the Clearinghouse that they have implemented a solution that will no longer reject the “Z” (not found) records reported by the Clearinghouse in response to this erroneous data.
- The Clearinghouse will rerun rosters for schools that have received NSLDS SSCR Error Codes 66 and 67 in the next two business days. Once these rosters are processed by NSLDS, the errors originally flagged due to erroneous data should no longer appear.
Your school does not need to take any additional action at this time on these particular error codes until the new NSLDS SSCR Error Reports have been received, which we expect to see early next week.
- Our application development team is working on a solution to resolve students flagged with the SSCR Error Code 22 and 75 combination.
If you have questions or need assistance, please contact the Clearinghouse at 703.742.4200 (select options #7, #4) or email@example.com.
- Read our Error Code 75 FAQs