How do I get a deferment?

If you have a student loan and are still enrolled in your school on at least a half-time basis, you may be eligible for a deferment. Most enrolled students at participating Clearinghouse schools receive deferments electronically. If, however, you receive a deferment form from your loan holder or servicer and are still enrolled, take the deferment form to the registrar’s office at your school, where it will be forwarded to the Clearinghouse for processing.

Do NOT send the form to the Clearinghouse yourself; it MUST go through your registrar’s office first.

NOTE: Deferment eligibility is ultimately determined by the loan provider.