Does Your Verification Request Meet Clearinghouse Terms & Conditions?
Colleges and universities outsource verifications to the National Student Clearinghouse for three categories of requestors:
- Employers so that their graduates can be quickly and efficiently verified for jobs
- Student service providers so that their students can take full advantage of the many discounts and services available only to students or graduates
- Students or graduates who need certification of their own enrollment or degree
The Clearinghouse has seen an increase in verification types that not are supported by our services, such as media requests, legal inquiries, and family history inquiries. Users of the Clearinghouse’s online verification portal must certify that their request fits into one of above three approved categories, and meet the following terms and conditions:
Acceptable Purposes for Enrollment or Degree Verifications
To be eligible to verify dates of attendance, degrees, and other educational achievements the following must be true:
- The student must have applied for or received products, services, or employment that depends upon verification of degree and/or enrollment status.
- The student must have represented the information to be verified for this purpose.
Eligible Requestors for Enrollment or Degree Verifications
To be an eligible requestor for enrollment or degree verifications, ONE of the following statements must be true. The requestor, or the individual or entity on whose behalf the requestor is acting, is:
- An organization providing products or services based on an individual’s status as an enrolled student;
- An employer seeking to verify enrollment or degree of an applicant or employee;
- A lender, loan servicer, or guaranty agency; or
- A school, state or local educational authority
In the instance that the request does not meet our requirements, we refer the requestors to the institution so that the institution can directly handle these sensitive inquiries.
We understand that this may be a different process from when your school activated (depending on your activation date) and may be confusing to your school or staff. We encourage you to take this opportunity to familiarize yourself and your staff with our terms and conditions.
If you have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.