Learn How Data from the Clearinghouse Closes Achievement Gaps on Oct. 30 in Lexington, KY
Join Education Experts to Meet State Efforts and Bolster Student Success
How are colleges, universities, and high schools using data to drive student achievement? In our one-day, live event, Using Data Analytics to Close Achievement Gaps for Your Institution and for Kentucky, the Clearinghouse Academy is spotlighting school users who are leveraging StudentTracker data to meet state initiatives and bolster student success.
Meet our Panelists in Lexington, Kentucky, on Tuesday, October 30
Panel discussions will focus on how school districts, colleges, and universities are using data to close achievement gaps, improve programming, and graduate more students. Presenters from across Kentucky and the nation will speak to the specific ways they’ve used StudentTracker to help students and meet state initiatives. Panelists include:
- Dr. Kate Akers, executive director, Kentucky Center for Statistics (KYSTATS) will speak to high-impact users of data in the state of Kentucky.
- Data analysts and administrators from several Kentucky public school systems will share how they’re using StudentTracker for High Schools to close achievement gaps at the secondary level, including:
- Tamara Lewis, data analyst, Jefferson County Public School System (Louisville, KY)
- Pam Royster, director, Postsecondary Planning, Jefferson County Public Schools
- Billy Buchanan, director, Grants, Research, Accountability, and Data, Fayette County Public Schools (Lexington, KY)
- Becky Patterson, executive director at the University of Louisville’s Office of Institutional Research and Planning, will share how her institution leverages StudentTracker to improve academic outcomes.
- Shelby Stanfield, former registrar and vice provost at the University of Texas in Austin and Director of Service Innovations at the Clearinghouse will talk about how Reverse Transfer was used to award more degrees in the state of Texas.
- Kim Taylor, registrar at the University of Kentucky, and Heather Smith, vice president at Bridgewater University and a Clearinghouse senior consultant, will also discuss the impact of Reverse Transfer on graduation rates.
- Rhyan Conyers, vice president for Institutional Effectiveness at Transylvania University; and Ange Peterson, retired associate vice president at University of Central Florida and a Clearinghouse senior consultant will share their stories of postsecondary data innovations.
“This event is the first Clearinghouse Academy of its kind focusing on a topic that is important to all,” said Paul Taylor, southwest regional director for the Clearinghouse who will lead the event. “Attendees will learn how other schools, states, and systems have leveraged data to close the achievement gaps with their students.”
“This event is the first Clearinghouse Academy of its kind focusing on a topic that is important to all. Attendees will learn how other schools, states, and systems have leveraged data to close the achievement gaps with their students.”
Southwest Regional Director, National Student Clearinghouse