National Association of Secondary School Principals and the Clearinghouse Collaborate to Strengthen Secondary Schools and K12 Education
The National Student Clearinghouse and the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP), the leading organization for secondary school principals and other school leaders across the United States, recently agreed to collaborate on events, communication and opportunities to benefit secondary schools.
The Clearinghouse regularly works with educational organizations, including state and local agencies, and principals throughout the country to accurately assess the efforts of schools and outreach programs to help millions of students succeed each year and determine college and career readiness.
“Because of my role on the National Student Clearinghouse Board of Directors, I can attest to the value the Clearinghouse provides to help secondary school leaders accurately follow students through their postsecondary journey,” said NASSP Executive Director JoAnn D. Bartoletti. “Collaborating with the Clearinghouse allows NASSP to access and share their research and help principals maximize the use of StudentTracker for High Schools’ data to describe their school’s success.”
“Working in a collaborative fashion with NASSP allows the Clearinghouse to have a greater understanding of the needs of secondary school principals and to address their most pressing challenges,” said Rick Torres, President and CEO of the Clearinghouse. “Our mutual efforts will better inform the nation’s K12 leaders about student pathways to strengthen schools and help education go further with innovative approaches that meet reporting, research, verification, transcript, and data exchange demands across the K-20 to workforce continuum.”
Besides joint articles, a national co-branded survey, sharing strategic information on each other’s websites, and webinar and strategy sessions to benefit secondary school leaders, the Clearinghouse will present research findings and case studies at the July 2019 National Principals Conference; July 2019 Digital Principal of the Year Pre-Conference session; and the September 2019 NASSP Principal’s Institute Meeting.
The Clearinghouse helps more than 12,000 U.S. high schools and districts improve college readiness, enrollment progression and completion statistics about millions of their alumni through research and data exchange services that include:
- StudentTracker® for High Schools, the Student Success GPS: Enables administrators to follow their graduates’ transition to college by querying our participating institutions’ postsecondary enrollment and degree records.
- StudentTracker® for Outreach: Helps measure the college success of participants in outreach programs, such as Gear Up.
- Free research reports: Our Research Center publishes reports on student pathways, student outcomes, and enrollment trends throughout the year.
- Electronic Transcript Exchange℠: Enables the exchange of electronic transcripts with trading partners, like other high schools as well as postsecondary institutions, via the Clearinghouse’s secure network.
- Clearinghouse Transcript Center: High schools, school districts, and postsecondary institutions can securely send and receive transcripts.
Furthermore, Clearinghouse services facilitate an institution’s compliance with the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA), the Higher Education Act, and other applicable laws. The Clearinghouse is a signatore to the Student Privacy Pledge and is the first recipient of ikeepsafe.org’s FERPA compliance badge, which was awarded to its StudentTracker for High Schools service.
“Collaborating with the Clearinghouse allows NASSP to access and share their research and help principals maximize the use of StudentTracker for High Schools’ data to describe their school’s success.”
JoAnn D. Bartoletti
NASSP Executive Director